Higher Education in Business.„College of Business Administration” is a high school – the institution of higher education. If you are interested in first level professional higher education in different areas of business administration, CHOOSE the STUDIES at CBA.
Other Latvian high schools and colleges also offer business studies. The difference is that the studies at College of Business Administration are organized in the form of distance learning – these are part-time courses in information community space.
Distance learning studies are especially suitable for busy motivated people, who feel the necessity of getting higher education, having no possibilities to study fulltime. Tuition fee totally corresponds to the quality of studies offered.
Tuition fee also covers the use of specially elaborated library of professional literature.
- For each course of studies a student gets a special distance learning material (book), where he/she can find all the necessary information to acquire the course, practice tasks, self-control questions, recommended literature, etc.
- The study material also contains self-control tests or just tests to do self-check and consolidate one’s knowledge and skills.
- Fulltime lectures are organized like discussions, group work, and active exchange of ideas and experience to make one’s knowledge deeper and help clarify unclear questions.
- Fulltime studies are usually carried out once a month (on Sundays) or two times a month (on working days in the evening) up to a student’s choice.
- Students pass tests and exams both at college (in a group or individually) and via PCs (e-mail).
- Students have got access to CBA library, video library, electronic data bases, and inter-library subscription.
- Professional client consultants, i.e. CBA Studies support centre workers and academic personnel, are always ready to help a student to solve any problem.
College of Business Administration offers 7 study programmes:
„Office Work Organization and Administration" – the qualification office manager
„Business" – the qualification marketing and business specialist
„Personnel Psychology and Human Resources Management" – the qualification personnel specialist
„Accountancy and Financial Planning" – the qualification financial specialist
"Tourism and Hotel Services" – the qualification hotel service manager
"Public Relations and Advertising" – the qualification public relations specialist
"Law" – the qualification legal adviser
Each study programme includes both general and professional courses. Many courses are in the form of e-studies. E-courses and e-studies are the effective form of Distance Education.